Thursday, October 15, 2020
UPDATE REGARDING QUARANTINE OF ITEMS:
New guidelines have been released from the State. They are recommending that we decrease quarantine time from 96 hours to 24 hours. Effective immediately, all returned items will sit untouched and remain on your account until they are checked in after 24 hours. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Saturday, August 1, 2020
In accordance with the order from Governor Evers, the Brownsville Public Library will now require face covering for all patrons age 5 and older starting Saturday, August 1.
Brownsville Public Library remains firmly committed to protecting the health and safety of library visitors, staff, volunteers and our wider community.
Those without a face covering will be provided a disposable one free of charge. We are also happy to offer curbside service to you.
We know people may find this objectionable – but with rising case numbers in Wisconsin, we are erring on the side of caution in an effort to keep people safe and to be able to continue providing vital services to our community, including computer and internet access, employment resources and educational tools that are as important as ever.
For more information you can view the emergency order here: https://content.govdelivery.com/attachments/WIGOV/2020/07/30/file_attachments/1507337/EMO01-FaceCoverings.pdf
And the Frequently Asked Questions page here: https://content.govdelivery.com/attachments/WIGOV/2020/07/30/file_attachments/1507334/Face%20Covering%20FAQ.pdf
Thank you to our patrons for your understanding and support!
Thursday, July 23, 2020
UPDATE REGARDING QUARANTINE OF ITEMS:
New guidelines have been released from the State. They are recommending that we increase quarantine time from 72 hours to 96 hours. Effective immediately, all returned items will sit untouched and remain on your account until they are checked in after 4 days/96 hours. There will be no fines assessed at this time. All items sent to us from other libraries will also have a 4 day/96 hour quarantine time. Items will take even longer for you to receive. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Monday, June 1, 2020
The Brownsville Public Library is open! As of now, we will resume our regular hours. Curbside pickup will remain an option for those who do not want to come in and delivery is also available. Unfortunately, it is not “business as usual” and in order to keep our patrons and staff safe, there will be new guidelines to follow. These guidelines are based off the recommendations by the Dodge County Health Department and are subject to change:
1. Use hand sanitizer when you walk in. There will be a bottle set up at both entrances.
2. Please respect the 6-foot rule with other patrons and staff.
3. Place returns in the bin next to the circulation desk. Do not set them on the desk. Once items are returned, they will be quarantined for 72 hours before being checked in. We will not be assessing any fines during this transition period.
4. When checking out, place your items on the circulation desk and the librarian will check them out. Do not hand the librarian your library card. We will look up your account.
5. Only 1 family allowed in the children’s area at a time. This area is small, and it will make it much more difficult to social distance. I know this is difficult for the kiddos, but please help them maintain social distancing.
6. Only 2 patrons are allowed in the adult section. This includes the book and DVD area. If there are already 2 patrons browsing, you will be asked to wait outside.
7. In order to maintain social distancing, only half of the computers will be used. Each patron is limited one-hour usage per day. Children are not allowed on the computers for gaming at this time.
8. The bubbler will be closed.
9. The activity corner in the back of the library is temporarily unavailable. It is recommended that patrons just come in, get what they need and leave.
10. If possible, please reserve Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 1:00-3:00 for our high risk patrons.
There will still be a summer reading program. It will just be different than it has been in the past years. Details to follow…
We are looking forward to being open again. We have missed you all!
Our digital library is always open…
No card? No problem!
Sign up for a virtual library card today to access the amazing digital libraries of Monarch. Get started here: